Genius® RF Microneedling
Quick Facts About Genius® RF Microneedling:
- Candidates: Safe for all skin types and tones
- Procedure: Topical anesthesia; typical session is less than one hour
- Recovery: Redness about 24 hours; skin heals in three to four days
- Principal Benefit: Tighter, renewed skin on the face, lower eyes, and body
- Cost: Average price range is $1,000-$5,000
What Is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a rejuvenating non-surgical treatment designed to tighten and firm sagging skin, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and treat acne scars. Ultrafine needles are guided by a handheld device to make tiny micro-perforations in the skin, which helps stimulate new skin cells and improve skin texture, tone, and elasticity.
Our Encino practice offers one of the latest innovations in microneedling, the FDA-approved Lutronic Genius® radiofrequency (RF) device. Board-certified plastic surgeon, Andrew T. Cohen M.D. F.A.C.S., recommends this collagen-boosting treatment for those wanting to improve skin concerns in their face, under-eyes, neck, or other body areas. The Genius® RF microneedling device is considered to be highly effective for producing healthier-looking skin with long-term results.
- Genius® RF Microneedling Benefits
- How Genius® RF Microneedling Works
- Genius® RF Microneedling Longevity
- Genius® RF Microneedling Cost
What Are the Benefits of Genius® RF Microneedling?
The combined benefit of ultra-fine microneedling therapy with radiofrequency energy allows this non-surgical treatment the ability to address a broad range of skin concerns virtually anywhere on the body. More specifically, benefits of the Genius® RF can include:
- Tighter, firmer skin on the face, under-eyes, and body areas
- Reduced appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and acne scarring
- Smoother skin texture and more radiant skin tone
- Diminished cellulite appearance
- Safe for all skin types and tones
- Controlled technology to deliver precise, comfortable energy
- Optimized settings according to skin type, gender, and age
- Minimal heat sensation and downtime
How Does Genius® RF Microneedling Work?
Prior to the microneedling procedure, certain details are put into the Genius® RF device, including the patient’s gender, age, and skin tone, which ensure the appropriate settings are established for a safe and effective treatment. Utilizing a cluster of 49 ultrathin coated needles to comfortably penetrate the skin, the device makes micro perforations to promote wound healing from the inside out. The device’s intuitive technology can be used on almost any area of the body while closely monitoring the delivered energy.
As the device is slowly moved over the targeted area, heat is transmitted into multiple lower dermal skin layers between two or three times depending on the skin concerns and goals. Treatment can often be completed in less than one hour, but your total time will depend on the size and number of areas you would like to address.
How Long Does Genius® RF Microneedling Last?
Genius® RF microneedling results can last up to two to three years, depending on the condition of your skin and cause of treatment. However, closely following the directed treatment plan will determine the most successful long-term outcome. To achieve optimal results, multiple microneedling treatments are typically needed, most commonly two to three sessions spaced one month apart with annual maintenance thereafter.
How Much Does Genius® RF Microneedling Cost?
The average price range for Genius® RF microneedling treatment is $1,000-$5,000; however, the cost varies based on the size and severity of the skin concern, number of sessions, and other factors. During your consultation, Dr. Cohen will provide you with a more accurate personalized estimate based on your unique goals. Our team is available to discuss payment and financing options available through our third-party lending partners.
Schedule Your Microneedling Consultation
To learn if Genius® RF microneedling is right for you, or if an alternative like the Laser Genesis or LimeLight IPL may be more beneficial for your needs, please contact us to schedule a consultation.