Breast lift surgery (also called mastopexy) is commonly used to counter the effects of time, gravity, pregnancy, and breastfeeding. As women go through the natural changes brought about by age and the stages of motherhood, the breast tissue can begin to lose volume as the skin of the breasts loses elasticity. The overall effect is often a change in firmness and shape. Many of our patients who choose to undergo breast lift surgery seek to:
- Reposition the breast to eliminate “sagging”
- Elevate the position of the nipples
- Reduce the size of the areolas
- Rejuvenate the appearance of the breasts after pregnancy
- Achieve a more youthful or “perky” look
Some of our breast lift patients choose to combine their surgery with breast augmentation to restore lost volume in addition to rejuvenating the appearance of the breasts. Breast implants can provide greater fullness and shape that cannot be achieved with breast lift surgery alone. Dr. Andrew Cohen uses the initial consultation as a time to learn about your unique cosmetic goals and design a custom-tailored approach to your procedure. Throughout the process, he will keep you well-informed, enabling you to make educated decisions about your health and your treatment. Dr. Cohen aims to provide you with long-lasting results that meet your expectations, yielding results that both look and feel natural.
Outline of Typical Breast Lift Procedure
- Duration of Surgery: 2-3 hours, depending upon technique
- Anesthesia Type: General anesthesia
- Hospital Status: Outpatient
- Post-Operative: Mild soreness, sensitivity, swelling, or bruising
- Surgical Risks: Blood clots or infection are among the risks of breast lift surgery; however, Dr. Cohen is a highly experienced plastic surgeon and employs techniques that can reduce the risk of these complications.
- Duration of Recovery: One week before returning to work, four weeks of avoiding strenuous exercise, and several months for scars to fade.
- Results: Results typically last for many years. Though a breast lift can help reverse some common signs of age and changes due to childbirth, results are not immune to aging, time, and gravity. Dr. Cohen can rejuvenate the shape of the breasts; however, breast size and the age of the patient will factor into the longevity of the results.
To learn more about how breast lift surgery can help you achieve your cosmetic goals, or to schedule a consultation, please contact us today.