Breast augmentation can give the breasts a more balanced and proportionate shape and size with results that look beautiful and natural. This procedure has helped women all over the world enhance the size of their breasts and feel more confident about their appearance. Women who choose to undergo breast augmentation with implants often seek to:
- Increase breast volume
- Improve symmetry between the breasts
- Restore a more youthful shape to the breasts
- Rejuvenate the breasts after pregnancy and breast-feeding
Plastic surgeon Andrew Cohen, MD understands that each woman’s body is unique and that every individual will have personal cosmetic goals. However, variables such as breast implant type, size, volume, shape, and surgical technique can seem overwhelming at first. As a result, Dr. Cohen uses the preliminary consultations as a time to get to know you, understand your expectations, and help you make educated decisions about your surgery. Before the day of your breast augmentation, Dr. Cohen will design a custom-tailored surgical approach that can best achieve results that look and feel natural while providing the aesthetic outcome you desire.
- Duration of Surgery: One hour in most circumstances
- Anesthesia Type: General anesthesia
- Hospital Status: Outpatient
- Post-Operative: Mild swelling, soreness, sensitivity, or bruising
- Surgical Risks: Blood clots, infection, or capsular contracture are among the surgical risks of breast augmentation; however, Dr. Cohen is highly experienced and makes every effort to reduce the risk of complications.
- Duration of Recovery: A few days of downtime before returning to work, several weeks of avoiding strenuous exercise, and several months for scars to fade.
- Results: Most implants will last up to ten years before replacement is advised, though some patients may require or desire revision surgery or implant maintenance after a certain period of time. Keep in mind that many types of implants are under a long-term warranty.
To learn more about how breast augmentation can help you achieve your cosmetic goals, please contact our office today to schedule a consultation.